this weeks recipe is from frugal & fabulous these mini pot pies are so cute i love pot pies but the store bought ones are full of salt and i always wanted to make my own but afraid of screwing it up so these mini ones would be perfect to try. the pot pies i think are just the right size for your little ones too and you could put anything in them not just chicken.
Mini Chicken Pot Pies
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 1 cup of diced, cooked chicken
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (10-count) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
1. Cook the peas and carrots according to the package directions; drain well.
2. Combine the peas, carrots, chicken, Cheddar, cream cheese, onion, mayonnaise, salt, black pepper and garlic powder in a large bowl and mix well.
3. Preheat the oven to 325'F. Separate the biscuits into halves. Press the bottom half of each biscuit into each of 10 muffin cups. Spoon equal portions of the chicken mixture into the prepared muffin cups. Cover with the top halves of the biscuits. Press the edges to seal. Bake until golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes.